After attending this 3-day course, you will save time and money on your next shutdown. Our promise for this program is that you will have a new and deeper understanding of how to effectively manage large maintenance jobs such as power plant outages and refinery refits. This course is 85% concerned with the time before the shutdown begins. The remaining 15% is the execution tactics to keep the project on course.
This course includes specific checklists, procedures, strategies, and important outside resources that will improve your current shutdown planning and execution. The course also includes examples to demonstrate the major points.
NOTE: While some industries use the phrases outage, shutdown, and turnaround interchangeably, other industries ascribe very specific and different meanings to the terms. From the perspective of planning, however, in this course we have decided to use the terms interchangeably.
In This Training, Learn How To
- Develop a checklist of everything to consider before the shutdown and when to consider it
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current shutdown effort
- Measure your shutdown efficiency by benchmarking with world-class shutdown strategies
- Formulate good contractor relations to further reliability
- Unearth tools and technologies that can smooth the process and create a backbone for effective plant maintenance and reliability
- Collaborate and balance out contractor engagement and in-house staff to obtain an effective workflow
- Reduce unnecessary costs incurred by properly planning, executing, and closing your shutdown
Who Should Attend Training
Successful shutdowns, turnarounds, and outages require the disciplined application of proven processes and interdepartmental partnerships. It is important for departments that are influenced and impacted by the processes to understand them. People in the following roles should participate in this training:
Maintenance Managers and Supervisors
Asset Management Specialists
Download and Share the Course Brochure Here: